We are pleased to announce that the **Mathematical, Inferential, and Computational Phylogenomics** (MIC-Phy) workshop will take place online from 15th to 17th February 2021.
The MIC-Phy workshop intends to stimulate a broader discussion on novel phylogenomic models, focusing on the computational and statistical aspects of using large and heterogeneous sequences to build species trees and perform inference. We welcome submissions on recent advances in phylogenetic method development (both theoretical and computational), as well as key insights into new or old data gained using novel methods.
* Ziheng Yang (University College of London, UK)
* Tracy Heath (Iowa State University of Science and Technology, USA)
We will hold small computer tutorials entitled **New approaches to phylogenetic inference**. The main focus will be polymorphism-aware phylogenetic models and software sessions in RevBayes and IQ-TREE.
MIC-Phy is supported by the WWTF and VetMedUni Vienna, and there is no registration fee!
Mmore information about the workshop at https://mrborges23.github.io/micphy2021/.
* 15th January 2021: Deadline for workshop registration and abstract submission
* 1st February 2021: Notification of oral/poster presentation and workshop acceptance
* 9th February 2021: Registration and poster submission deadline
Rui Borges and Carolin Kosiol (On behalf of the organizing committee)