We are searching for a communicative and independent person, who has very strong management skills, and enjoys working in an international environment. The SFB (https://www.vetmeduni.ac.at/sfb-polygenic-adaptation) is a joint research program with 8 faculties from 4 participating institutions: Vetmeduni, Gregor Mendel Institute, ISTA, and Univ. of Vienna. The coordinator is responsible for the internal and external communications of the SFB. The coordinator position is based at the Institute of Population Genetics at Vetmeduni (https://www.vetmeduni.ac.at/en/population-genetics ) and embedded in the evolutionary research community in Vienna (http://www.evolvienna.at ).
- Fluent in German and English.
- PhD in one of the following disciplines: Life sciences, statistics, informatics; previous experience with population genetics is a bonus.
- Coordinate recruitment of postdocs and PhD students.
- Provide administrative support to the SFB faculty and early-stage researchers including postdocs and PhD students (visa and residence permits, local registration in Vienna and registration in PhD programs, housing, relocation support, health related issues), in particular for non-German speakers.
- Plan and coordinate the training activities, workshops and meetings including bimonthly meetings, weekly journal clubs, and the visits of invited seminar speakers and scientific advisory board (SAB).
- Organize social events for the members of the SFB .
- Manage interaction with the administration of the participating institutions.
- Maintain and update the SFB website.
- Provide help in the financial management of the SFB, writing annual reports, and securing further funding.
- Manage the international networking with other institutions operating similar training programs.
- Organizing the outreach program (to the general public and to the scientific community) and public relations activities including press releases about publications of the SFB.
What we offer:
- The successful applicant will receive a postdoctoral salary (gross € 4,351.90 including health benefits, contribution to pension funds etc.) according to the FWF rules (https://www.fwf.ac.at/en/research-funding/personnel-costs).
- The position is available from 1.5.2024. The initial contract is for one year, but can be extended up to 8 years.
How to apply:
Your application should contain a one-page cover letter, a one-page motivation letter, CV, and the names and contact details of 3 references, in one single PDF file. Applications should be sent to Neda Barghi: email@example.com
The deadline for application is 15.11.2023 and the search continues until the position is filled.